Monday, November 29, 2010

Music I'm Enjoying A Lot Lately

To me, there's nothing better than great music. Music is my addiction, my inspiration. It keeps me going. Here are some albums I've been listening to a lot lately, in no particular order other than the fact that numbering them is a necessity:

1. Robyn: Body Talk pt 1, pt. 2, and pt. 3 - Robyn's "Body Talk" series is definitely kick@ss. She knows how to do this electro-pop thing (and acoustic pop and dance pop and pop-rap)  in a way that sounds fresh. She released 3 parts this year, with some repetition of the first two parts on the 3rd release. That's okay, though, 'cause this is the digital age and if you get a little repetition, it's not a big deal, 'cause you can make your own CDs and playlists, as you see fit. Fun music, with paper cuts (that means "edge"). Songs I actually repeat: "Don't F*cking Tell Me What To Do", "Criminal Intent", "None of Dem", "Fembot", and "U Should Know Better".

2. The Dead Weather, Sea of Cowards - What's sick is that Jack White has a new fan (me!) and he doesn't know it -- and if he did know it, I don't think he'd care. Whatever, his side band The Dead Weather is my new addiction. Jack's on drums a lot, which is cool, but I dig the trade off on vocals between Jack and Alison Mosshart. Really cool dynamic. She rocks out as hard as P!nk pretends to (*smirk*). (And I like P!nk). Songs I actually repeat: "Blue Blood Blues", "Hustle & Cuss", "Gasoline".

3. k-os, The Anchorman Mixtape - This guy's a rapper-musician-singer-songwriter from Canada, and this free mixtape is really good. I totally dig it, all the way. It uses the movie "The Anchorman" as a theme, with snippets from the movie tacked to the beginning of the songs, but it's not irritating. What's awesome is the scope and breadth of the music. Is there anything k-os can't do? He's singing, he's doing rock, he's rapping, he's doing patois, he's popping popcorn, he's "The 5th Black Beatle" and "The Fourth Fugee". Songs I actually repeat. All of them. It goes by too quickly. [Download it]

More music later, but right now these are the ish.

Peace & Happy listenng...

No comments:

Post a Comment