Monday, June 11, 2012

Beware the cliches people say...

People tend to repeat a whole lot of superfluous and unnecessary crap. It's unreal, really. No doubt there are many times when whole conversations are taking place without a single original thought. Here are 5 clichés along with my responses.

1. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": Really? Aren't there some things that will make me weaker, even if I manage not to die? And who says that dying won't make me stronger? Or what if I kill? What happens then? Does attempted murder make the intended victim stronger? What are the rules for that, huh?

2. "Do your best": The motto of someone who measures success by win-loss ratios. I'm so happy to be reminded to do my best. I was planning on doing my worst until you came along with this new strategy. Thanks a bunch.

3. "Time waits for no one": Well, duh.

4. "Well, there's always tomorrow": How is it possible that there is always tomorrow if time waits for no one? Also, Little Orphan Annie claims tomorrow is always a day away, so maybe I'm just confused.

5. "If I had a nickel for every time...": Who in the world is giving out money every time you do something? Dang. Nice work if you can get it.

Down with cliches!

Peace & don't count your chickens!


No comments:

Post a Comment